 Robotics / RCX / *4125 (-20)
  Re: Using the serial port of an NCD terminal.

Cool, thanks! I have an old NCD in the garage, I never realized it can be turned into an internet-to-serial-port bridge! -gyug (...) (24 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LegOS and the Downloader....

Well, it wasn't that one. I already got and fixed that one. It says: "cannot load legOs executable from:" and then it gives me the name of my attempted file. It's not specifically my program, because none of the demos like helloworld.lx will load, (...) (24 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Using the serial port of an NCD terminal.

Hello legOS fans, I have written a hack to make it possible to connect the IR tower to a NCD terminal. Here at university we are using those fan less terminals, while the servers are in another room. A NCD has a serial port, that is accessible via (...) (24 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LegOS and the Downloader....

Nick, It'd be helpful to know what the message was! I sometimes get "error deleting program" messages, and have to "re-boot" the RCX & re-install legOS.srec. I'm not sure what causes this, but it happens so rarely that I haven't investigated (yet). (...) (24 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: bug fixes

(...) My web page at (URL) This is for DJGPP, not Cygnus. Rossz (24 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  LegOS and the Downloader....

I just installed LegOS last night, made my first few not-too-complicated programs today, and downloaded them. They worked fine, up until I found the bugs. I tried to download a new, updated version of my program, and got an error message. (24 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: bug fixes

Paolo Masetti <paolom@pragmanet.it> wrote in message news:G8o1Fv.2uG@lugnet.com... (...) Well, I'm looking to set up legOS on my new (dual-boot) laptop, so it may be a good chance to check out the Windoze development environment. Where can I get (...) (24 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  3 Sharp GP2D12 using one input port !!!

Hi all, It's done. I've got 3 Sharp GP2D12 Infrared Ranger with my RCX using only one input ! I use Michael Gasperi's Multiplexer ((URL) his more general analog interface (3 times ; the one with the opamp) ((URL) a 9 volts battery (6LR61). (Thanks, (...) (24 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: bug fixes

(...) from (...) has... (...) :-) Hi. Here I am. No sea waves, sorry... ;-))) Only a lot of work and two sons :-). I'm actually working in finalizing cygnwin 1.1 instructions (if someone want to test them let me know). My beta testers are a bit slow (...) (24 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  leJOS article in JavaWorld

Enjoy! (URL) (24 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Play pcm on the RCX

I think this item has been discused sometimes but I have discovered RIS, just last Christmas. Has anyone played a pcm wave? I know how to play it on a PC speaker, but I don´t know a lot on H8 architecture and so on the timers (24 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  NQC 2.3 b1 in beta test

Just a few minor bug fixes and tweaks from 2.3 a1. At this point the 2.3 release is looking pretty stable. (URL) Baum (24 years ago, 10-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  ANN: leJOS Visual Interface 1.1.1

With this version I have added an auto indent feature that indents lines after braces, and have made an 'installer' that sets up the properties file. It should also run with the commands I have up now too :) Sorry about the error in the (...) (24 years ago, 10-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: Lego Dacta/Robolab control with 8 I/O

If you're interested in creating your own applications, take a look at: (URL) (select Research) There's both a paper describing the PC protocol in great depth ((URL) and (best of all) an ActiveX component ((URL) that you can compile and use from (...) (24 years ago, 10-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Lego Dacta/Robolab control with 8 I/O

I forgot to mention that LEGO Engineer 2.0 currently runs on top of ROBOLAB 2.0. So ok, its not *free* :) You have to spend the $25 or so on ROBOLAB first. But its still better than LOGO I think because the programming is graphical. And unlike (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Lego Dacta/Robolab control with 8 I/O

Just to clarify, this serial interface box that you've been given doesn't have much to do with ROBOLAB. ROBOLAB is the software for the RCX. What you want (free) is LEGO Engineer, which looks and smells a lot like ROBOLAB. (URL) Right now only the (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Lego Dacta/Robolab control with 8 I/O

I bought one of those four years ago (long before Mindstorms). It's an absolutely wonderful unit - considerably better than the RCX, Scout, etc. The only downside is that it must be tethered to a PC (though you could buy a wireless serial (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Lego Dacta/Robolab control with 8 I/O

(...) Hi, I believe that the unit you are describing is the interface for the Lego Dacta Control Lab. I have been using these for several years in schools where I have worked and also for control of my Lego trains. I like the unit because it offers (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Lego Dacta/Robolab control with 8 I/O

If you pickup the intelligent house from Dacta you may have some luck, Pitsco?Dacta would be my best guess. Legomaster@gobi.com (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Lego Dacta/Robolab control with 8 I/O

Hello, I have been offered a Lego Dacta/Robolab control unit which must be attached to the serial port on a PC. The unit has 8 input and 8 output. There are no software with this unit. Anybody know what software I need to use this unit and if any of (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact