 Robotics / RCX / *1400 (-20)
  Re: Transmission Problems

(...) After doing a bit of debugging, I have determined it's all characters between 127-255, most often 127 or 255. If anyone has any ideas on what's causing this, please reply... (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: (Failed) Getting LegOS 0.2.2 working on Windows

(...) I hadn't fixed that - but it doesn't appear to make a difference. I patched both the original sources and the post-WINNT-specific-patches, but no change in behavior: the RCX answers are never heard using the original sources, and the (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: (Failed) Getting LegOS 0.2.2 working on Windows

(...) i dont´t know if you have already fixed this, anyways, there is a bug in sigio_handler. The struct timeval last is used uninitialized and should be static. Today i sent the following little patch to Markus. ------- schnips schnips -------- --- (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Tasks in RCX

(...) <chuckle> 10 seems like a small number (yes its limited by the firmware) until you try to use them all. In my experience only email and webserver type applications kick off more than 4 or 5 threads at once. DLC (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Tasks in RCX

Hi, I read somewhere that the RCX is limited to only 10 concurrent tasks. Is this limitation in the firmware? If so, can I use a replacement firmware like legOS to overcome this. I basically want to have an unlimited number of tasks so that I can (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: (Failed) Getting LegOS 0.2.2 working on Windows

(...) Hey -- More info about this odd bug. Installed 0.2.3, and the bug is still there. A bit more tweaking revealed: * Compiling with the original (.orig, pre-patch versions of loader, lx, and rcxtty) yielded - after changing O_ASYNC to FASYNC - (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Powering trains w/ RCX

(...) Well I can't say I have the RCX plugged in when I'm running a vehicle, I *ALWAYS* have it plugged in when it's not in use. I've actually only had to replace the batteries in it once in the past year. Removing the jack was a mistake, IMO... As (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Powering trains w/ RCX

I was talking more in a sense of replacement/repair of damaged units. I would not be surprised if the retail price of each starts to change with shifts in demand. And due to the "apparently common" replacement of the brick with AC, that would have (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Powering trains w/ RCX

Yes RIS 1.5 costs $20 MORE than RIS1.0. It's a good thing I bought 9 RIS 1.0 and the 1.5 upgrade ;-) (...) -- | Tom Stangl, Technical Support Netscape Communications Corp | Please do not associate my personal views with my employer (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Powering trains w/ RCX

Even if it was $0.20 by the time it is productized it is maybe $1.00. Multiply this by the quantity sold and you just save ~$500,000 (whatever the quantity is). When designing computer mother boards there will be large debates over $0.05 BOM (bill (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Powering trains w/ RCX

(...) savings (...) Well, lets think, a rectification bridge, a voltage regulator, and an external power connector. In 'trade' quantities, you are talking well under 50 cents (probably more like 20 cents). If Lego are paying much more than this for (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Powering trains w/ RCX

If there is a "cost" issue between the 1.0 and 1.5, Has anyone seen the savings passed on to the buyers? Probably too mutch to ask.... ;-) -Rich (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Powering trains w/ RCX

(...) Despite the fact that a lot of people here use wall power, I think that CA is probably right in that the vast majority of mindstorms robots are vehicles. Ah well. Something for "Dear Lego".... (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: random() compile problems

(...) Yes, it looks like random is in a private library of mine, sorry. With all the exciting networking development happening, count on 0.2.4 being released soon, it will contain random() again. (...) For small amounts of random numbers, you may (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Powering trains w/ RCX

Uhhhh, gee, I just used some extra-long wires I got from Dacta to extend the console over to next to the couch, and plugged it in there ;-) But yeah, I want to get a couple of IR remotes too, for when I take an 8448 to work, and for my future train (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Powering trains w/ RCX

Steven and Rogers just make sure that when you use the jack on the RCX use an adapter that LEGO makes like the one that comes with the train controller. This one is also designed for the RCX. A while back this information was posted on lugnet. Do a (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Powering trains w/ RCX

sebarile-MOBL <steve.e.barile@intel.com> wrote in message news:Fn2CqL.AHF@lugnet.com... (...) That is one bad corner to cut! I use a jack sometimes, batteries more often though. I was just laying on the couch the other day thinking I needed a (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: random() compile problems

(...) Hi Matthew, it lokks like the functions are simply not defined neither in the legOS kernel nor in the libs. Following the comment in include/stdlib.h, they should be in libiberty.a, which is somewhere in the cross-compiler tree. However, (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Powering trains w/ RCX

Consumer Affairs told me that after talking to many focus groups that they decided it was not used and thus cut for cost savings again (standard good corp practice)... and good for them, it seems like they need to cut some corners to stay in (...) (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Transmission Problems

Hello. I am using legOS-990330 with the transmission handler patch. I have no problems receiving at all, but periodically strange nonsensical data somehow inserts itself into the output stream with no apparent reason, like ~..y~~ Does anybody know (...) (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact