 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 598
Re: random() compile problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 02:46:07 GMT

Matthew Drayton wrote:

Hi all,
        We are having troubles compiling code that makes use of the random()
        (and
srandom()). The error messages that occour when we compile are:
undefined reference to '_srandom'
undefined reference to '_random'

Hi Matthew, it lokks like the functions are simply not defined neither
in the legOS kernel nor in the libs. Following the comment in
include/stdlib.h, they should be in libiberty.a, which is somewhere in
the cross-compiler tree. However, searching through the librarys found
there with nm, i found nothing like random. i´d bet, Markus has an
enhanced libiberty that has it. BTW, the legOS kernel itself uses
sys_time to provide some randomness, look at the very end of
lnp_logical_write(), where a random value is needed when computing
allow_tx after a collision.

cheers, Martin