 Robotics / NXT / NXT Firmware Hacking / 92
Re: Real C/C++ Programming Solution?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking
Date:
Wed, 15 Aug 2007 00:35:30 GMT

Also, one other question: I notice that the LEJOS OSEK documentation only covers
would personally prefer loading programs into Flash rather than SRAM.

Thanks,
Jeremy Rand
LEJOS OSEK also supports the program upload to Flash. However, I intentionally
do not describe it in the docs. I am not sure about the life cycle of Flash in
the ATMEL ARM7 very well, however, some lugnet discussions told me that the
lifecyle of the Flash seems to be very limited (100 times?). I guess that this
number might be derived from the chip vendor's worst case senarios. But,
it is a big concern for all users. I know about several Flash micros like
Renesas, NEC..., but their Flash have much longer lifecycle (i.e. 10000 times
guranteed by the vendors). Does anyone know the true lifecycle of Flash in the
ATMEL ARM7?

LEJOS OSEK uses ATMEL SAM-BA to upload a program and LEJOS OSEK build makefile
always generates binary executables for both of SRAM and Flash. If you see
nxtway sample, you can find flash_NXTway.tcl and this is an examle of SAM-BA
script for loading the program into Flash.

Takashi