 Robotics / NXT / NXT Firmware Hacking / 89
Re: Real C/C++ Programming Solution?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking
Date:
Wed, 8 Aug 2007 23:15:05 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking, Jeremy Rand wrote:
In lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking, Takashi Chikamasa wrote:
Currently, LEJOS OSEK does not provide abstracted API such as you asked.
I agree that LEJOS OSEK should provide more sophisticated API for ease of use.
I hope someone will raise his/her hand to write such framework library.
Hmm, how hard would it be to just copy some of those functions from NXTGCC and
use them in LEJOS OSEK?  Would they require significant modification?

Thanks,
Jeremy Rand

Actually, implementing a closed-loop motor control in LEJOS OSEK is not
difficult. I already have done for NXTway-DS(complex state space feedback) and
NXT GT(P control for motor rev. angle). A significant factor to implement a
close-loop motor control is that the control algorithm has be invoked in a
periodical Task. LEJOS OSEK provides OSEK based scheduling feature to do so.

What kind of close-loop motor controls are required in general?, motor rev.
angle control by using PID/PI/P controlers?, or something else?

Any feedback is welcome,
Takashi