 Robotics / NXT / 761 (-20)
  RE: Moving NXT motors by hand

Hand crank it alone should be find. As a matter of fact, that's how we demonstrate to kids a generator. However, just to be on the safe side, I would recommend you not to hand crank it when it is hooked onto to the power source, especially when it (...) (17 years ago, 28-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Moving NXT motors by hand

Thanks! (17 years ago, 28-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Moving NXT motors by hand

(...) John, there are a lot of people using the NXT motors this way, just to get the feedback from the built-in rotation sensors. The best example would be the MDPers who built one joystick with a NXT kit to control a moving vehicle made with (...) (17 years ago, 28-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Moving NXT motors by hand

Hi John, I would not think so, as the NXT's own construction guide has a pick and place (blue ball, red ball) robot, that has hand cranks to move it into position. Danny (...) (17 years ago, 28-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Moving NXT motors by hand

Hi: Sometimes my son and I move the NXT motors by hand, for instance, by attaching something to the holes in the orange hubs to act as a crank. We wonder if that's bad for the motors. Does anyone have an opinion? Regards, John and Will (17 years ago, 28-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  robosoccer ball problem

Hi all, I am trying to get some middle school kids playing a bit with the robosoccer idea. I don't want to frustrate them with the fluctuating IR ball. So, I am planning to find a constant "lighted" ball for them instead, but no luck. Wonder if (...) (17 years ago, 28-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Gripper/Register for Light Sensor Experiment

I want to create a platform for experimenting with the light sensor. At the moment, I'm thinking of cutting off the gray-scale and color bars off the NXT Test Pad that comes from the commercial kit. The strip would then be mounted on some device, (...) (17 years ago, 26-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Using NXT Port 4 EIA-485

(...) Does anybody have an NXC program that demonstrates the use of RS485 communications? (17 years ago, 25-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking)

  Re: bitwise operators

(...) ...and if you are talking about NXT-G, there is a bitwise manipulation block, written by Mike Gasperi and Steve Hassenplug, available here: (URL) list of available blocks is here: (URL) (17 years ago, 25-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: bitwise operators

(...) Are you talking about NXC or NBC or some other programming language? The standard NXT firmware does support bitwise logical operators such as and, or, and xor. In both NXC and NBC you can use these operations as you would expect in a C-like (...) (17 years ago, 24-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  bitwise operators

I looked thru the doc, it looks like it does not allow bitwise operators like IOR, XOR, AND, etc. Is this correct? Or, I have overlooked something? --thanks Elizabeth (17 years ago, 24-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  RE: determine the degree of turning by using ultrasonic sensor

Ok... I wrap every sequence of motion control with mutex. I created a movement macro which basically just wrap the command(s) around with acquire and release. By the way, would someone tells me how I'll find out how the mutex datatype implemented. (...) (17 years ago, 22-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  RE: determine the degree of turning by using ultrasonic sensor

Found it... RotateMotor(OUT_C, 100, turn); x = MotorRotationCount(OUT_C); --E -----Original Message----- From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway...ugnet.com] On Behalf Of Elizabeth Mabrey Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2007 12:57 PM To: (...) (17 years ago, 22-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  determine the degree of turning by using ultrasonic sensor

Is it quick way to determining the # of degree or some value which will help to calculate the distance travelled. more or less like the x= rotation-click.. Is it a way to read how much the motor has turned from a certain point. - Reset motor/sensor (...) (17 years ago, 22-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Introduction of LEJOS OSEK

Hello everyone and special thanks to LEJOS developers, I would like to introduce a new project that is standing on the shoulders of giants. LEJOS OSEK (URL) is an open source firmware for LEGO Mindstorms NXT. LEJOS OSEK consists of I/O driver of (...) (17 years ago, 22-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXC - embedded functions failed

(...) I think having NXC generate a compiler error is a great idea. :-) I will work that into the next beta release (b30). I just released beta 29 today. It has a number of important fixes and enhancements but I just noticed that it has a few new (...) (17 years ago, 22-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  RE: NXC - embedded functions failed

Hi John, Will throwing in a compilation error be a viable option? --Elizabeth -----Original Message----- From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway...ugnet.com] On Behalf Of Elizabeth Mabrey Sent: Sunday, May 20, 2007 1:19 PM To: (...) (17 years ago, 21-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: pbLua PCF8574 SOLVED !

(...) Let me say thanks to Dick as well. I think that the NXT firmware does what's called a repeat start in the I2C definition... Here's the part in the I2C spec that is required: (URL) And with pictures: (URL) Hope this helps... Ralph (17 years ago, 21-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking)

  Re: pbLua PCF8574 SOLVED !

(...) Hi Dick, your answer solves my knot :D It's a NXT specific behaviour and all alternatives NXT-OSes which uses original Lego-Source-Lowlevel routines have this feature ? Thanks for your answer Bye Christian (17 years ago, 21-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking)

  RE: pbLua PCF8574 SOLVED ?

(...) This is the excepted behavior. When you want to read from I2C device, the NXT firmware first sends a write message to load the internal index "pointer" for the I2C device and then sends a read message that will read the requested number of (...) (17 years ago, 21-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact