 Robotics / NXT / 596 (-20)
  Re: Enhanced standard NXT firmware

"John Hansen" <afanofosc@comcast.net> wrote in message news:JF0sGr.M2w@lugnet.com... (...) implement (...) big snip Great job John. And thank you especially for CommExecuteFunction. I couldn't believe that Lego didn't allow a way to make a Bluetooth (...) (18 years ago, 28-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Edu NXT #9797 Inventory count

Have you ever heard the story of the Grandma who wanted a new washing machine? Grandpa was a such a good repairman, that he kept the old machine going, and going, and going. Finally, Grandma got an idea. While Grandpa had the machine stripped down (...) (18 years ago, 23-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Memory Level NXT-G Block

Here's a block to monitor amount of NXT Flash memory available: (URL) Ziv NXTasy.org (18 years ago, 22-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Running NBC/NXC on a Mac (OSX)

(...) Yeah, I know. My command line parameter parsing code is pretty yucky. :-) John (18 years ago, 22-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Running NBC/NXC on a Mac (OSX)

(...) Unix nerds would say it shouldn't be there in the first place ;) ROSCO (18 years ago, 22-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Running NBC/NXC on a Mac (OSX)

In lugnet.robotics.nxt, Brian Davis wrote: ... (...) Not too sure about NBC (I'd classify for clueless newbie too), but if you didn't see it already, there is also a tool you might find handy if you happen to have bluetooth on your Mac: (URL) It (...) (18 years ago, 22-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Running NBC/NXC on a Mac (OSX)

(...) I accidentally left off the "=" after -I. ./nbc -I=/usr/local/include program.nxc -O=program.rxe Sorry about that. John Hansen (18 years ago, 22-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Running NBC/NXC on a Mac (OSX)

(...) Here's a really simple way to use NBC/NXC on a Mac: (URL) you want to execute the compiler yourself then you just open a terminal window, change directory to your source code path, and execute nbc like this: nbc program.nbc -O=program.rxe or (...) (18 years ago, 22-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Running NBC/NXC on a Mac (OSX)

Assume I'm an idiot. As many will tell you here, this is at many times a reasonably safe assumption. Yes, I know who you are, stop snickering. How do I work NBC/NXC under OSX? When I download the latest package and double-click the app, it opens the (...) (18 years ago, 22-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Adding syscalls/opcodes to NXT-G

(...) John - I know you don't like this and I agree that the best solution is NI changing their compiler to allow extending firmware with new syscalls. The way things work, I'm afraid, this will not happen anytime soon. I'm trying to suggest (...) (18 years ago, 22-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  pbLua Beta 3 - Available

All, pbLua beta 3 is available now at: (URL) This new version has the bug in the regulation fixed, and the default motor mode is brake, not float. I've also updated the API docs to correct errors (there are probably more) and added an install doc (...) (18 years ago, 22-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking)

  Re: pbLua Fun at OSX

(...) Finally, I did something right - by accident! Christian, could I ask you to please send me (off list if you like) some screen shots of what happens when you connect the NXT? I can't remember if I sent you Mac instructions, but you just look (...) (18 years ago, 21-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  pbLua Fun at OSX

Hello World, pbLua-Beta2 is out and 90% of my wishes are true now :D Running pbLua with OSX worked out of the box... 1. Flashing NXT and reboot the box once 2. checking for new NXT-Device (ls -la /dev/tty.usb*) 3. connecting with screen to NXT (...) (18 years ago, 21-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Adding syscalls/opcodes to NXT-G

(...) Can you flesh this out a bit? What do you have in mind when you say "create from it a new program clump"? The current version of the firmware limits the size of this buffer to 64 bytes. I increased that limit in my recent changes to be 800 (...) (18 years ago, 21-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Adding syscalls/opcodes to NXT-G

One of the biggest problems with extending the current FW is that the NI compiler for NXT-G/NXTToolkit is not so flexible. In particular, one can't add new syscalls. Here's a suggestion I would be happy to hear your ideas on - the NXT-G compiler has (...) (18 years ago, 21-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  new NXT mailinglist established

Hello! A new NXT mailinglist is established. Because there are no german mailinglists until now, this mailinglist is for german speaking (not necessary native) people around the world. You need an (free) yahoo account to participate! (URL) (18 years ago, 19-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Enhanced standard NXT firmware

... (...) Hi John, I just tried to load it and just tested the "Try-me" light sensor. It worked fine. Not so much help, but I can try some more another day. Good work. Rasmus (...) (18 years ago, 19-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Battery Level NXT-G Block

I've posted a new NXT-G Block that reads the battery level from the UI module IOMAP. Can also be used as a sensor block to detect low power conditions. Details and download: (URL) Ziv NXTasy.org (18 years ago, 19-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Last call for my New York City NXT Meet-Up

I have the LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT ROBOTICS SET and since I'm so "into it", my father and I were thinking we could start up a Lego MindStorms NXT Meet up group/club in New York City where we could meet once a month (or every other month), build, (...) (18 years ago, 18-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Detecting stall and slip conditions in NXT-G

I published a new "sensor" NXT-G Block that monitors that actual power sent to the NXT servos. This is useful to detected both stall conditions as well as the move challenging slip conditions. Full description and download are here: (URL) Ziv (...) (18 years ago, 18-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact