 Robotics / NXT / 1095
  Re: NXT-G print to text?

(...) You can print the program as an HTML file (with images; the environment will auto-generate them), and the environment will even oblige you by printing the hidden tabs of multi-case Switch structures. But there's no "text version" of an NXT-G (...) (16 years ago, 11-Jul-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT-G print to text?

(...) It would really help to be able to read text. Specially when a young student brings me an NXT-G program for debugging that has switches buried within switches and loops, etc. It's really irritating when terminal points are lost while browsing (...) (16 years ago, 18-Jul-08, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT-G print to text?

(...) I agree, which is why I suggested using NXT-G's print option - it will allow you to check "show hidden structures" or somesuch that will show you all the hidden structures in tabbed view mode. (...) Well, let me put it this way. A text version (...) (16 years ago, 18-Jul-08, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT-G print to text?

(...) Obviously, NI is so confident they've reached their design goal: that every 9 year old should be able to program in NXT-G without calling tech support. In my classes, 9 and 10 year olds blow through such a low level of expectation within an (...) (16 years ago, 19-Jul-08, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT-G print to text?

(...) <grin>. I said "conclusions may now be drawn", not "all conclusions are equally likely to be correct". You seem to be assuming that NI is stupid or overconfident. I'm pretty sure that's not the case. When there's something I don't understand (...) (16 years ago, 19-Jul-08, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT-G print to text?

(...) Nice defense! I'm sure the NI engineers have anticipated the complexities you've mentioned. Hence, no scary print-to-text. However, I'm not asking for anything so ambitious. I hold that a print-to-text within the context of plain NXT-G (no (...) (16 years ago, 21-Jul-08, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.robotics)

  NXT programming with Logo

I've been lurking with interest, teach intro robotics in middle school among other tech subjects, and wonder if any of you use the latest version of MicroWorlds EX Robotics, V 1.6, to program NXT robots. I just found out about that capability so (...) (16 years ago, 23-Jul-08, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT programming with Logo

(...) I used to use Terrapin Logo and MicroWords on the RCX. Haven't used either on the NXT. If only to get kids to think in a lambda-calculus programming language, I'd pop for fee based MicroWorlds. Unfortunately, the spirit is willing, but the (...) (16 years ago, 26-Jul-08, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT-G print to text?

(...) Suppose you want a team of programmers to write some new software to do X, Y, and Z. You give them some specifications and requirements for the software plus free Mountain Dew, and they go off to design and write your software. After several (...) (15 years ago, 6-Jan-09, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: NXT-G print to text?

(...) Though it is VERY far from NXT-G print to text, printing a program at bytecode level is easy: just drop the compiled RXE file in BricxCC. Problem is that except for the most simple programs, the result is an obscure ratsnest! Philo (15 years ago, 6-Jan-09, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT-G print to text?

<snip> "Jordan Bradford" <jordan_bradfordREMO...tmail.com> wrote in message news:KD1F7o.L51@lugnet.com... (...) </snip> You must be a Zune owner. :-P Rob "Apple Fan Boy" Hendrix :-D FUT O-.fun (15 years ago, 6-Jan-09, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT-G print to text?

(...) Heh, no, but the Zune 30 leap year bug was one of those pretty obscure situations that are hard to anticipate. (15 years ago, 6-Jan-09, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)