 Robotics / NXT / 1066 (-20)
  Re: step-by-step tutorial leJOS and Eclipse

Hey, Due to a complete redesign of the website, the tutorial URL was changed to: (URL) (16 years ago, 9-Mar-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Nxtcom error #89

(...) Unfortunately, the standard firmware does not expose the ability to iterate through the files in the file system. You can do that with the enhanced NBC/NXC firmware, but even then the information you can get about a file is just its name and (...) (16 years ago, 7-Mar-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Nxtcom error #89

(...) Thanks, John -- this agrees with what Dave found as well. Makes sense. (...) Thanks again. What would be really neat is a utility that can draw a memory map, showing what is stored where. I haven't seen such a thing since my Apple II days, but (...) (16 years ago, 6-Mar-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Nxtcom error #89

(...) According to the LEGO Mindstorms NXT Communication protocol.pdf that is part of the Bluetooth Developer Kit, your error code (89) means "No linear space". That means all the remaining space on your NXT is fragmented so there is not enough (...) (16 years ago, 6-Mar-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Nxtcom error #89

OK, for the archives: I got an answer from Dave Baum (author of nxtcom). He says that error #89 indicates memory fragmentation -- even though my NXT had plenty of free RAM in total, there was no single contiguous block big enough to hold the new (...) (16 years ago, 6-Mar-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Nxtcom error #89

To follow up my own post: I've since verified that I have 45K free on the NXT, and the file I'm installing is under 13K. I've also restarted both my Mac and my NXT, and still get that mysterious error 89. After more experimentation, it does appear (...) (16 years ago, 5-Mar-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Nxtcom error #89

I've been using the nxtcom utility to download NXC apps from my Mac. It was working fine just a few minutes ago, but all of a sudden (starting about 10 minutes ago) it's giving me a "NXT Error #89". I've searched the web and read the read-me, and (...) (16 years ago, 5-Mar-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: new to nbc; invaders problem

(...) I will check into this when I get home this evening but I think your problem may be that BricxCC and NBC do not automatically download the .RIC files referenced in the program source code. Those must be downloaded manually, which you can (...) (16 years ago, 3-Mar-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  new to nbc; invaders problem

I'm just getting started with bricxcc (and winxp on my mac), so I'm hoping there's something painfully obvious I'm missing. I've compiled and run a few simple nbc and nxc programs (mostly from John's book), but invaders.nbc isn't working for me. I (...) (16 years ago, 2-Mar-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: Compass sensor with NXC

(...) I emailed Karen with the solution to her problem. This can trip you up if you aren't careful. Drawing values to the screen can confuse you if you draw over the top of an existing number without clearing the screen first. John Hansen (16 years ago, 29-Feb-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Compass sensor with NXC

(...) Hi John, We're using the HiTechnic sensor. I've contacted you directly with a copy of the program, and here it is if anyone else has an idea for us: task main() { SetSensorLowspeed(IN_2); int dir; ClearScreen (); TextOut (32, 48, "Heading:"); (...) (16 years ago, 28-Feb-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Compass sensor with NXC

(...) Which compass sensor are you using, the HiTechnic one or the Mindsensors one? Are you using a low level API function to read its value or are you using one of the newer API functions specific to the compass sensor? Can you email me your (...) (16 years ago, 28-Feb-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Compass sensor with NXC

Hello, I coach a Robofest high school team, and we're using two NXT robots for the current challenge, programmed with NXC. We've been having a problem using the Compass sensor with NXC. If I use the view function on the brick (selecting Ultrsonic (...) (16 years ago, 28-Feb-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: What should happen with the lugnet.robotics.nxt sidebar?

(...) Yes. (...) Links to relevant forums, community projects, NXT MOCs, tips and tricks. (...) Yes, as a chronological, easy to view, list of recent newsgroup user NXT creations. (...) Cool NXT MOCs. (...) The "Recent Items of Interest" should (...) (16 years ago, 27-Feb-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: What should happen with the lugnet.robotics.nxt sidebar?

I do not use the sidebar at all. Zitat von Jordan Bradford <jordan_bradfordREMO...mail.com>: (...) ---...--- This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program. (16 years ago, 26-Feb-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: What should happen with the lugnet.robotics.nxt sidebar?

(...) To be honest, no, as I read NXT news through lugnet.robotics and never go to lugnet.robotics.nxt... Philo (16 years ago, 25-Feb-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  What should happen with the lugnet.robotics.nxt sidebar?

Hello, LUGNET readers. In case you don't know, I'm the lugnet.robotics.nxt curator. I used to update the NXT section sidebar with [in]frequent regularity, but during the last couple months I've not done anything to it. I get busy and/or don't take (...) (16 years ago, 21-Feb-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.technic, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: PF Speed control (and more) in NBC/NXC

(...) OK THANK YOU (16 years ago, 20-Feb-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: PF Speed control (and more) in NBC/NXC

(...) I am in the middle of creating new API functions for NBC/NXC which will enable the same PF motor control via the mindsenors NRLink device. They should be done and in an official beta (b35) by the end of the week. John Hansen (16 years ago, 20-Feb-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  PF Speed control (and more) in NBC/NXC

hello, I've read the news on nxtasy.org that the new test release of bricxCC can control the speed of PF motors via the Hitechnic IrLink.. is it possible to do the same thing with the mindsensors irlink ? thank you Cristian (16 years ago, 20-Feb-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact