 Robotics / NXT / 1064
Re: Nxtcom error #89
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Thu, 6 Mar 2008 22:49:01 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.nxt, John Hansen wrote:

According to the LEGO Mindstorms NXT Communication protocol.pdf that is part of
the Bluetooth Developer Kit, your error code (89) means "No linear space".  That
means all the remaining space on your NXT is fragmented so there is not enough
contiguous memory available for the executable you are trying to upload.
Executables need to be written linearly as do RIC files.  You can defragment the
NXT file system by copying off all the files, erasing the user flash memory, and
then copying all the files back to the nxt.

Thanks, John -- this agrees with what Dave found as well.  Makes sense.

I will talk to Dave Baum about adding more system commands to nxtcom so that you
can erase user flash (amongst other things) with his utility.  And I will see if
I can dedicate more time to getting all my Windows utilities ported over to Mac
and Linux platforms.  You may want to look into Jason Bacon's legoctl/roboctl
utility as well.

Thanks again.  What would be really neat is a utility that can draw a memory
map, showing what is stored where.  I haven't seen such a thing since my Apple
II days, but it seems like it would be useful here as well.  Hmm... I wonder if
such a utility could be written in NXC to run right on the device?

Best,
- Joe