 Robotics / NXT / 1065
Re: Nxtcom error #89
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 2008 17:14:14 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.nxt, Joe Strout wrote:
Thanks again.  What would be really neat is a utility that can draw a memory
map, showing what is stored where.  I haven't seen such a thing since my Apple
II days, but it seems like it would be useful here as well.  Hmm... I wonder if
such a utility could be written in NXC to run right on the device?

Unfortunately, the standard firmware does not expose the ability to iterate
through the files in the file system.  You can do that with the enhanced NBC/NXC
firmware, but even then the information you can get about a file is just its
name and size. You do not have access to which blocks the file occupies in the
filesystem or anything that would help you draw a memory map showing where each
files are stored.

John Hansen