 Robotics / Handy Board / 8598
Re: Interactive C Version 4 is available for free download
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 01:09:09 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.handyboard, Fred G. Martin writes:
IC v4 also works with the RCX, so those of you HB + RCX owners should
really have fun.

I started playing with this on the RCX last night. Is there a README
somewhere on the RCX-specific aspects of the firmware? eg I noticed analog()
isn't supported to read raw sensor readings, although digital() works to
read passive touch sensors, but that you can use light() to set the sensor
port to be active and read raw light sensor readings. I was just wondering
where all this is documented.

I dont suppose anybody knows (yet) how the IC firmware compares with say
legOS and leJOS in terms of speed, memory footprint, features, etc....

Regardless, it IS nice to have the same development environment for both!
Thanks.

- Gareth