 Robotics / Handy Board / 8591
    Interactive C Version 4 is available for free download —Fred G. Martin
   Hi everyone, The KISS Institute for Practical Robotics (KIPR), a non-profit educational organization, has been sponsoring continuing work on free versions of Interactive C. In the last week, Randy Sargent has announced Interactive C Version 4, which (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Premature announcement of Interactive C 4.0 —Randy Sargent
     Actually, Fred's announcement is a little premature, sorry. Several important things to know if you do choose to download the current version of IC: 1) The libraries are tuned for the Botball contest (www.botball.org) and by default include a (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Interactive C Version 4 is available for free download —Sam Weiss
     Hi! When I first fired up IC 4 it was wiithout the expansion board, and the HB booted fine. I suppose you could save some memory and processor time if you didn't load the expansion board libraries.) The list of files it downloads seem to be in (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Interactive C Version 4 is available for free download —Gareth Bestor
     (...) I started playing with this on the RCX last night. Is there a README somewhere on the RCX-specific aspects of the firmware? eg I noticed analog() isn't supported to read raw sensor readings, although digital() works to read passive touch (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

         Re: Interactive C Version 4 is available for free download —Gareth Bestor
     (...) To answer my own question, look in ./Interactive C 4.0/RCX/lib_rcx.doc for a list of RCX specific functions. To summarize the important ones: IC NQC ---...--- fd(A/B/C) OnFwd() bk(A/B/C) OnRev() brake(A/B/C) Off() off(A/B/C) Float() (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Interactive C Version 4 is available for free download —Scott Seaton
   Hi Fred Is there a summary of the new features developed in IC 4 ? From the Newton Labs IC 3.x page they list the improvements over the freeware (2.x) version as: (...) Does the 4.x pcode support structs/multidimensional arrays ? What extras does (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Interactive C Version 4 is available for free download —Fred G. Martin
   Hi everyone, Randy sent me the enclosed msg which answers some of Scott's questions. Or at least, indicates they will be answered. I'd suggest we wait for Randy to update things as he indicates he will, and then later fire away with questions to (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Interactive C Version 4 —Michael D. Beard
   Fred, Can you tell me if Randy upgraded InteractiveC in version 4 to handle the 64k hack for the Handyboard? You wrote about the hack in the Handyboard FAQ in '98, and that was two IC versions ago. Is it possible that Randy took into acount the 64k (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)