 Robotics / Handy Board / 844
  Bootstrap Mode, Problem

I have a handyboard that has been working fine, I pulled it out of a box, where it had sfaely been stored for a month and ran into a problem. I am connecting it to a PC, and using IC v3.1 Beta 3, The Pcode is already on the board. I can get the IC (...) (28 years ago, 24-Oct-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Bootstrap Mode, Problem

1. first, check if the board can go into DL mode when it is not attached to the host computer. power on with STOP held down, and it should go into DL mode, indicated by both the BATT and PWR LEDs lighting briefly and then turning off and staying (...) (28 years ago, 24-Oct-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Bootstrap Mode, Problem

Fred, Thank you very much for your response, I was able to complete the first step succesfully(1). However Step 2 does not complete succesfully the Red Led goes off and the green led stays on. Here is how my cables are configured when I hooked up my (...) (28 years ago, 24-Oct-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Bootstrap Mode, Problem

In your message you said: (...) (1) I assume when you say "miniboard," you actually mean the Serial Interface/Charger board. please be careful with your language because the Mini Board is a different specific project that is not part of the Handy (...) (28 years ago, 24-Oct-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Bootstrap Mode, Problem

Thank you for the help, It was a cable problem I found a straight thru adapter, and I was able to communicate with the HandyBoard. Thanks again John Pope John.Pope@colorado.edu popej@ucsub.colorado.edu popej@nag.cs.colorado.edu 303-786-4272 (...) (28 years ago, 25-Oct-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)