 Robotics / Handy Board / 845
Re: Bootstrap Mode, Problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 24 Oct 1996 05:09:26 GMT

1. first, check if the board can go into DL mode when it is not attached
to the host computer.  power on with STOP held down, and it should go
into DL mode, indicated by both the BATT and PWR LEDs lighting briefly
and then turning off and staying off.

2. Next hook the board up through interface to the PC and try again
(before running any SW on the PC).  You should again be able to put
the board in DL mode.

3.  Finally, run IC and go to the boot download mode.  when it prompts
you, connect the HB and put it in DL mode.

Please reply with info as to whether this process fails before step 1,
2, or 3.  YOu only have to hold the Stop buttn until the BATT led goes
off.

-Fred

In your message you said:
I have a handyboard that has been working fine, I pulled it out of a box,
where it had sfaely been stored for a month and ran into a problem.

I am connecting it to a PC, and using IC v3.1  Beta 3, The Pcode is
already on the board.  I can get the IC to recognize the board and the
fact that it is attached to a com port, 2.  However  I cannot get the
computer to synchronize with the board. I figured I should replace the
pcode, but I can't even get the board into the download mode. I press the
stop button and hold it down while I turn on the board, then the batt led
turns off put the green pwr led still stays lit even after I have held the
stop button down for a minute or longer, the lcd goes faint with the
blocks across the top shaded in.
So does anyone have any suggestions of solutions to my problem, or things
I can try in order to get it to work.

John Pope
John.Pope@colorado.edu
University of  Colorado at Boulder