 Robotics / Handy Board / 7608
Re: Vector 2X driver
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 15:06:19 GMT

Yes, I run my Vector 2X is slave mode using only IC.  I don't worry about
missing the last bit since the precision of the heading is only +- 2 deg.
It's very simple to code up.

-Scott

In lugnet.robotics.handyboard, Gary Livick <glivick@pacbell.net> writes:
I just bought a Vector 2X electronic compass for a project.  In looking
at it the manual, I see that if the 2X is run in slave mode I can clock
out data from it at my leisure using any digital pins available on the
Handy Board.  This could almost be done in IC, except that the timing
for retrieving the last bit from the last SCLK signal is only 20
microseconds, so that makes the driver for clocking the data an assembly
routine.

On the web site under the contributed software section, there is a
routine that gathers the data by running the Handy Board in SPI slave
mode and the 2X in master mode, and capturing the data via SPI
transfer.  The assembly routine is imbedded in the 1000 hz system
interrupt.  I want to do it as outlined above, using a .icb function
that I can call when I need the data.  Has anyone done this yet?

Thanks in advance.

Gary Livick
Tiny HC11 products for your robot
http://www.teleport.com/~raybutts/