 Robotics / Handy Board / 7609
Re: Overcharge Battery
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 16:00:44 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.handyboard, "Bruce Moore" <bamoore@bloomington.in.us>
writes:

Anyway having said all that.  i have two HB's that I leave on the =
charger all the time.  They've been there for over two years.  When I =
take them off the charger and use them they seem to last as long as they =
did when they were new.  I'm betting if I kept them in the generally =
discharged state I would have been buying new batteries by now.

  Actually, if you had stored them fully discharged then they would likely be
as good as they day you bought them.  That is the best way to store NiCds.
However, if they are kept at a C/100 trickle charge to prevent open-circuit
discharge, they will also work fine for a very long time AND be a state of
constant readiness as well.

DLC