 Robotics / Handy Board / 5930
Re: GCC 2.8.1 for HC11
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 18:47:39 GMT

In the xasm/doc directory it says "ASxxxx Cross Assemblers, Version 1.1,
June 1990.  Submitted by Alan R. Baldwin, Kent State University".  I guess
that's your answer.

Okay, is it the one with my hacks, by any chance?  You can tell if there's
a file called lklibrary.c in the lnk-src directory.

Let me know a better route to follow for the assembler/linker please.

"Requires more study".  It needs more GCC toolchain mojo than I currently
have.

If you want to go back and fix it properly, let me know if I can help.
Pseudo-registers appear to be the most inefficient part of the port
(according to what all the notes say).

That's true, but in a cross-compiler bakeoff I once participated in,
gcc still kicked major butt :-)

I also saw something about a 6809 port in the sources.  If someone did a
6809 port to gcc at one time, where is it now?  I don't need it, but I
hate to see useful code go down the drain.  A similar philosophy makes
sure my garage is always full.   :-(

Dunno, I never tried using the 6809 port.

--Ken