 Robotics / Handy Board / 5920
Re: GCC 2.8.1 for HC11
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 20:00:55 GMT

On Sun, 28 Mar 1999, Ken Hornstein wrote:

How come you didn't simply use the 2.6.3 cross-compiler?  I doubt the
optimizer is improved _that_ much for the HC11.

'Cuz I couldn't get it to compile.  I suppose I could have tried some
other flavors of Linux, or Solaris, but I'd rather start from something
newer, therefore the excitement in finding a new port.

core functionality.  But anyway, yes, you have my permission to
adapt those libraries to the Handyboard.

Thanks a bunch!  I think...  Once it is done that means I get to answer
questions, so I suppose maybe I'm not that thrilled anymore...  :-(

Current status:  The complete build tree has been posted to the MSOE web
site, and I managed to snag it yesterday (13.5 MB!).  It is a DJGPP build
tree (DOS GCC compiler), so I'm currently struggling with how to convert
the changes over to a generic gcc-2.8.1 source tree.  So far it configures
ok (as far as I can tell), but won't compile (on Linux or Solaris).  I'm
working on it.

If anyone wants to have GCC for an HC11 on DOS, it's all there for you
already.

Curt Mills, WE7U                         hacker.NO_*SPAM@tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin
"Lotto:    A tax on people who are bad at math." -- unknown
"Windows:  Microsoft's tax on computer illiterates." -- WE7U