 Robotics / Handy Board / 5927
Re: GCC 2.8.1 for HC11
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 16:55:38 GMT

On Mon, 29 Mar 1999, Ken Hornstein wrote:

I'm extrememly surprised.  It was sort of a no-brainer when I did it
and I've never had a problem on any number of weird systems.

Ken's comments made me look at it again:  Gcc-2.6.3+HC11 now compiles fine
for me on Solaris 2.5, but I know I had trouble compiling it on Red Hat
Linux 5.2. I would go back and check that configuration one more time but
for the fact that I now have gcc-2.8.1+HC11 compiling (as of this
morning). On Solaris anyway.  Linux is next.

I had to make mods to config/m6811/local.h to fold-const.c to get it to
compile.  I'm not sure I did it right so I'm checking with the last guy to
port it to GCC to make sure.  Once I've checked it out I'll post a patch
to gcc-2.8.1.

I haven't played yet with the cross-assembler or the linker, just the
compiler itself.  It generates HC11 assembly code.

Anybody else here familiar enough with GCC sources to do a quick review of
the VERY minor changes?

Curt Mills, WE7U                         hacker.NO_*SPAM@tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin
"Lotto:    A tax on people who are bad at math." -- unknown
"Windows:  Microsoft's tax on computer illiterates." -- WE7U