 Robotics / Handy Board / 2345
Re: Comuniction with PC (2)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 1997 19:37:02 GMT

REF: Multiple HandyBoard with PC communication
     Wireless

Greetings,

I would like to inquire about wireless communication among
HandyBoards and a PC. We are using a wireless modem with TCP/IP
capability (the Nomadic Mercury modem) and am curious to know
if/how  anyone has tackled a problem similar to this before,
particularly how to detect packet collisions.

An option would be to implement a TCP/IP stack on the HandyBoard
but I'm not sure that'll fit the 32KB limit and still leave
room for control programs.

Thanks for your attention and any info you may provide.

Marco A.A. de Oliveira assfalk@eece.unm.edu
ACE Mobile Robot Project Coordinator UNM ACE Center