 Robotics / Search Results: EVENT_MASK
 Results 741 – 760 of 803.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: LNP Repost

(...) For IPC, each (unshared) connection would take 2 ports (src/dest), so 4 bits at least lets us have 7 IPCs (assuming port 0 is reserved as it is in Berkeley sockets, 8 if it is not). I could certainly see having need of more than 3 IPC (...) (25 years ago, 17-Apr-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

event
(score: 0.152)

  Re: preventing IR tower shutdown

This just might explain a problem I am having with a VB program. After a while my battery meter function stops getting a reply from the RCX. It calls the RCX every 10 secs from a Timer control event. Then all of a sudden, while the RCX is still on (...) (25 years ago, 14-Apr-99, to lugnet.robotics)

event
(score: 0.151)

  Re: RIS memory usage

(...) The RCX has a 64k address space. Here is how it is split up: Addr Len Usage 0000 4000 On-chip ROM 4000 4000 Reserved (for on-chip ROM of other chip models) 8000 7b80 External RAM fb80 0200 Reserved (for on-chip RAM of other chip models) fd80 (...) (26 years ago, 8-Apr-99, to lugnet.robotics)

event
(score: 0.151)

  San Jose event POSTPONED

San Jose Robot Arena POSTPONED Apologies to all. I have been deprived of email access for the past week, so this message is going out much later than it should. There has been a great deal of difficulty in securing an acceptable site for the event. (...) (26 years ago, 21-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.events.robot-arena)

event
(score: 0.149)

  Re: Idle process

(...) That is true. (...) Yes, we do, but is that something the tasks need to worry about? If the kernel has buffered 3 datagrams since the last timeslice, the next 3 waits would return immediately, since their criterion (datagram ready for reading) (...) (26 years ago, 20-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

event
(score: 0.149)

  Re: Debugging

(...) Try delay(). It's the non-scheduler version of msleep(). If you have a version that's better calibrated, please patch delay() in conio.c to reflect that.  (...) A branch to itself is probably the best you can do, as you need an atomic (...) (26 years ago, 20-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

event
(score: 0.149)

  Re: Idle process

(...) Cool! (...) I had been thinking along the same lines. (...) What is the ID? Is it for framing? Is it a byte that is not currently taken up by a Lego bytecode? Do we even care about colliding with Lego's communication protocol? (...) (...) (26 years ago, 19-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

event
(score: 0.149)

  San Jose event?

CGDC starts in a few days, but I haven't seen any updates on the San Jose lego robot event. Any news on where/when this is happening? -Allen (26 years ago, 11-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.events.robot-arena)

event
(score: 0.148)

  Big Money, Big Prizes, Who wants it?

This isn't really a Lego event, but all you roboticists should check it out! Calling All Sumo Robots! FujiSoft International, sponsor of Japan's big Robot Sumo Competition, brings the robotic action to the San Francisco Exploratorium, Tuesday March (...) (26 years ago, 4-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics)

event
(score: 0.147)

  LA Area Robot-Arena Competition April 17, 1999

Tired of playing by yourself? An informal Robot-Arena competition will be held in the Los Angeles Area on Saturday April 17th 1999. This will be a...er...slightly destructive Lego(TM) on Lego(TM)smashing/sho...g/whatever competition using autonomous (...) (26 years ago, 4-Mar-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sbe, lugnet.robotics.events, lugnet.robotics.events.robot-arena, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la.lb, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la.pas, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la.sa, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.bak)

event
(score: 0.147)

  LA Area Robot-Arena competition April 17th, 1999

Tired of playing by yourself? An informal Robot-Arena competition will be held in the Los Angeles Area on Saturday April 17th 1999. This will be a...er...slightly destructive Lego(TM) on Lego(TM)smashing/sho...g/whatever competition using autonomous (...) (26 years ago, 4-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics)

event
(score: 0.147)

  Re: Contest

(...) I don't anticipate having the time to participate myself either. I have some ideas on how to go about it though, which I've already posted. (...) The Cybermaster does not appear to be robust enough to handle this sort of challenge. I'm not (...) (26 years ago, 24-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.events)

event
(score: 0.146)

  Re: Motor power?

Thanks to all for responding. The event that spurred me to ask the question in the first place is that I wanted to use differential power settings to turn (steer) a tracked robot. Unfortunately, this appear to have no effect on the robot's ability (...) (26 years ago, 18-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics)

event
(score: 0.146)

  Re: lego-combat

(...) Jay, Check out Robot Arena, an autonomous robotic combat event using LEGO MindStorms: (URL) (26 years ago, 13-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics)

event
(score: 0.145)

  ANN: fire-fighting robot contest at Penn State (3-27)

Hi All, On Saturday, March 27, 1999, Penn State Abington College, Abington, PA (Phila., PA (USA) region) will host a Fire-Fighting Robot Contest based on the rules of the International Fire-Fighting Robot Contest held annually at Trinity College. (...) (26 years ago, 12-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

event
(score: 0.145)

  RE: MS Access/Visual Basic

A couple of people have asked about using Visual Basic with Spirit.ocx. Since I already had VB 5.0, I chose this language to use with my new Mindstorms kit . Once you understand the rather strange syntax used in some of the statements, and the (...) (26 years ago, 11-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics)

event
(score: 0.145)

  RE: mini HD

Its a 50mm square HD about 20 grams. cap. 170 - 340 MB. Uses CompactFlash type II interface. Low power 3.3V. here a another link (URL) can get the spec's for CF @ (URL) not too adept of a programmer, but I bet the little HD can be converted to a (...) (26 years ago, 25-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

event
(score: 0.143)

  Re: DATALOG and C

Brandon wrote in message <36AB8D74.B9D@sprynet.com>... (...) Yes (...) No The two commands are executed by the PC. The PC sends something to the RCX and then it does something. It is not exactly datalogging, but you might want to use the (...) (26 years ago, 24-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

event
(score: 0.143)

  CFD: robotics sub-groups

Last week, the topic came up about creating a special new group for Robot Arena. (See (URL) for more details and how the thread unfolded.) Assuming this belongs inside the .robotics hierarchy (rather than inside a separate .events hierarchy), a (...) (26 years ago, 22-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.robotics)

event
(score: 0.143)

  Polaroid 6500 Ranging System

I recently purchased a 6500 ranging system and have connected it to the HandyBoard (HB) 1.2 Expansion Board. I am using IC ver 3.1 from Newton Research Labs and loaded the sonar.c code module provided through the MIT website. The HB passed all (...) (26 years ago, 16-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

event
(score: 0.142)

More:  Next Page >>