 Robotics / 9709
Re: Balancing Bots
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2000 03:41:27 GMT

Dave Johnson wrote in message <0FNS00E81AOHFT@mta1.snfc21.pbi.net>...

I'm working on a 'bot that will balance itself, and having pretty good
success (it will keep itself up for 30 seconds or so on a good run,
traveling around a bit, before it falls over). But I'd like to make it
more stable, if possible, so that I could nudge it and it would correct.

Nice!!

Sounds like a special wheelchair Bob Fay showed me a URL for (which I don't
have handy, unfortunatley...). It was a really clever chair. It could stand
up on two wheels so the rider could grab things on a high shelf. It didn't
waver at all.

I'm really anxious to hear more about this! My attempt at such a design was
a complete failure (^:

    Iain
--
tokama       http://www.oxford.net/~hendryjr