 Robotics / 9433
    Sorting —Michael Griffith
   Christmas was a BOON for my Lego collection with the addition of a DDK and a RIS1.5 to add to my 1.0 kit. Now I have a problem... How the heck do I organize all of these pieces so that I can find anything? My question to the group: Has anyone found (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Sorting —Jim West
     (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: Sorting —David Leeper
      I use the plastic tray that came with the RIS to store my parts. One tray holds all the parts from 2 RIS sets and the Extream Creatures set. I snap together identical pieces to make them easy to find and store similar pieces in a single bin. This is (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

         RE: Sorting —Ralph Hempel
     For sorting, storing, and MOVING your RIS and a 'bot in progress, check out (URL) Cheers, Ralph Hempel - P.Eng ---...--- Check out pbFORTH for LEGO Mindstorms at: (URL) ---...--- Reply to: rhempel at bmts dot com ---...--- (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Sorting —Barbara Nostrand
     Hi. One thing that you can consider is buying the Robolab Upgrade package from Pitsco-Dacta. Although it is probably seriously overpriced, you do get a green storage bin, three sorting trays (1 large and 2 small) and the Robolab building guide. The (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Sorting —Fred Carcanague
     I have reciently aquired several of the Akro-Mils bin type boxes. These are ideal if you are using a bench or some other permanant work surface. They may be viewed at (URL) and (URL) The 2nd pic shows one of the dividers. In all I have 175 of the (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: Sorting —Ted Michon
     Since my older son received his first LEGO set at age 3, we have been keeping the parts in plastic storage bins made by Emplast. We are up to 18 large drawer bins and 9 small drawer bins. The large ones have 18 drawers and the small ones have 60 (...) (24 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: Sorting —Ted Michon
     I should add that it's not literally the "putting away" that the kids hate (with regard to keeping parts in bins), but the sorting prior to putting the parts away. Putting things in drawers goes quickly, making sorted piles does not. -Ted (...) (24 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Sorting —David Paule
     Mike, you can find a good selection of tackle boxes and hardware boxes at any large general store, like KMart, Target, Wal-Mart, etc. In my area Wal-Mart had the best selection. Some of these boxes are multi-level, with sliding trays, etc. SOme are (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Sorting —Johannes Keukelaar
     "MG" == Michael Griffith <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> writes: MG> Now I have a problem... How the heck do I organize all of these pieces MG> so that I can find anything? MG> My question to the group: Has anyone found a good set of Tupperware (tm) MG> (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Sorting —Anton Olsen
   Lego-Dacta makes some nice storage bins although they aren't the cheapest solution around. (URL) on search, type the word storage into the form and hit submit. or: (watch for line wrapping:) (URL) W779925 Small Red Storage Bin Dimensions are 15" x (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)