 Robotics / 8857
    Rack and Pinion Steering and idea for precise angle of rotation detection —Doug Wilcox
   I finally threw together my own Lego MindStorms site. www.wordsmithdigital...indstorms/ On it ((URL) is a scan and detailed description of my (at last) finally-successful implementation of a rack-and-pinion type of steering mechanism that will allow (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Rack and Pinion Steering and idea for precise angle of rotation detection —Stefan Steinbauer
   hm.... nice design. I tried to implement this to one of my robots. I think I have to make them bigger.... or your design smaller. And what do YOU do in your christmas holidays??? Stefan *pushing important work aside* The WordMeister (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Rack and Pinion Steering and idea for precise angle of rotation detection —dave madden
    =>> On it ((URL) is a scan =>> and detailed description of my (at last) finally-successful implementation =>> of a rack-and-pinion type of steering mechanism... I just looked at your pictures, and I wonder if the way you've got the final axles (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Rack and Pinion Steering and idea for precise angle of rotation detection —Chris Osborn
     (...) I wonder what a long time is. I've had bricks connected this way in a model for several years now, and the bricks still fit with other bricks just fine. --- Chris Osborn FozzTexx Enterprises 707 226 7629 - Voice 2136 Coronado Ave. 707 581 1797 (...) (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Rack and Pinion Steering and idea for precise angle of rotation detection —Ian Warfield
     (...) implementation (...) Don't worry, someone did say that. On page 14 of The Art of LEGO Design (ftp://cherupakha.me...lego.pdf), Fred Martin admonishes us not to do that because the plastic will in fact eventually deform. (25 years ago, 12-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: Rack and Pinion Steering and idea for precise angle of rotation detection —Ian Warfield
     Yeah, this serves me right for de-lurking before rereading all of the previous posts... :) (...) scan (...) (25 years ago, 12-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        RE: Rack and Pinion Steering and idea for precise angle of rotation detection —Tilman Sporkert
   Following up on this thread from last year... While taking apart my Space Shuttle (I needed the turntable for another project), I noticed that they used this type of connection 4 times. In the tail fin, and in the lift arm in the cargo bay, two (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)