 Robotics / 8463
Re: lack of interest in basic stamp and basicx
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 15:31:35 GMT

Jeremy,

The Basic Stamp is extremely popular.  There is a huge user base and
a lot of software ideas published.  The BasicX is fairly new ... the
BX-24 (BS-2 pin compatible device) has only been released for about a
month ... so the user base is quite small even though the BX-24 is
much more powerful (and US$10 less expensive) than the BS-2.  There
is mailing list info at both the Parallax and BasicX sites.

- Nick -

Jeremy Crook wrote:

Hi
I am a little bit curious as to why there seems to
be such a lack of interest in the Parallax Basic Stamp
and its new high powered alternative the Basicx.
I know the Basic Stamp might have its weaknesses
but the Basicx seems to be lightyears ahead of both
the Stamp and the RCX (plus its good value for money.
Check the website http://www.basicx.com for details.
Is there some unspoken bias away from using such products?
I will be interested to read any replies.
All the best JC