 Robotics / 8464
Re: lack of interest in basic stamp and basicx
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 15:41:46 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Vlad Dumitrescu writes:
In lugnet.robotics, Jeremy Crook writes:
Thanks for the reply. I'm a bit curious though,
who exactly do you class as a non Lego fan?

A more precise definition of what I mean by "Lego fan" in this context would be
someone who wants to build robots, but not get down to the "workshop floor"
with the soldering iron, the screwdriver and the such... It doesn't mean there
aren't people who do both, or that there is a judgement passed on that
separation...

Just that maybe (maybe!) one comes here to talk/read about Lego, and somewhere
else when one wants to talk/read about BasicX.

I would not mind at all to have a more performant chip on the RCX, but I barely
have time and place to fiddle with the Lego kit. Plus that it would cost more -
maybe not $500, but more than the $250 I payed for the RIS.

take care!
/Vlad