 Robotics / 8456
Re: lack of interest in basic stamp and basicx
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 13:20:38 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Jeremy Crook writes:
I am a little bit curious as to why there seems to
be such a lack of interest in the Parallax Basic Stamp
and its new high powered alternative the Basicx.

Hi!

My personal opinion about this is that it is simply the wrong place to look for
non-Lego fans: it is after all the Lego User Group site! :-)

There is also a Handyboard fan-club too, here... maybe the BasicX fans gather
somewhere else?

I have checked the BasicX site, and it's not really that cheap - considering
one has to buy motors and something to build the robot of... For a regular
hobbyist, the RIS is probably priced just right. More advanced needs (and more
money available) will surely steer one towards more advanced hardware, like the
Handyboard or the BasicX.

Just my two pence thoughts...
/Vlad