 Robotics / 8454
    lack of interest in basic stamp and basicx —Jeremy Crook
   Hi I am a little bit curious as to why there seems to be such a lack of interest in the Parallax Basic Stamp and its new high powered alternative the Basicx. I know the Basic Stamp might have its weaknesses but the Basicx seems to be lightyears (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: lack of interest in basic stamp and basicx —Vlad Dumitrescu
     (...) Hi! My personal opinion about this is that it is simply the wrong place to look for non-Lego fans: it is after all the Lego User Group site! :-) There is also a Handyboard fan-club too, here... maybe the BasicX fans gather somewhere else? I (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: lack of interest in basic stamp and basicx —Christian Jacobsen
     (...) Hi Jeremy, Being new to robotics, I had never heard of the BasicX until someone mentioned it the other day on this list. So I took a look at it. First impressions are: - Expensive: It seems that creating a walking-robot is going to set you (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: lack of interest in basic stamp and basicx —Jeremy Crook
     Hi Christian Glad to hear you've "taken the plunge" and bought a Lego Mindstorms Kit. It really is an incredible amount of fun (My wife thinks Ive bought it for my son). One or two quick points:- ()I don't quite understand where you get the $500 for (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: lack of interest in basic stamp and basicx —Christian Jacobsen
     Hi Jeremy, I am replying to the whole list because I think others may want to comment on my comments. (Is that recursive? :-) (...) basicx-24 (...) I got the price from Chris Harriman, the builder of Fluffy and Fluffy2, two walking robots on the (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: lack of interest in basic stamp and basicx —Nick Taylor
   Jeremy, The Basic Stamp is extremely popular. There is a huge user base and a lot of software ideas published. The BasicX is fairly new ... the BX-24 (BS-2 pin compatible device) has only been released for about a month ... so the user base is quite (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)