 Robotics / 8366
Re: pyroelectric sensor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 13:37:33 GMT

OneTimeCRX <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message
news:3834E50A.A738C94A@orion.ramapo.edu...
The pyroelectric sensor works very well, and I am now using it with my
wireless video camera, controlled by an rcx.  Although I wasn't going to
make my lego website public for a few more months because it's nowhere
near complete, I whipped up a page for the sensor quickly and put it up
on the server:
http://arts.ramapo.edu/physics/chea/lego/index.htm

Too bad the sensor doen't have enough output to directly drive the RCX
input.  Is the 5V regulator really necessary for the pyrolectric sensor to
work?  It looks like it has a fairly broad operating voltage spec. 5-15VDC.