 Robotics / 8344
Re: pyroelectric sensor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 01:41:28 GMT

rhendrix <rmhendrix@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:FLF7ro.5z8@lugnet.com...
This is an oppurtune time to interject my problem...I don't have the • capacity
to understand how you connect a sensor like this one to the rcx.  The • diagram
on the website shows four connection points: V+, reference, gnd, and • output.
I only retain about 5% electronics knowledge (Michael Gasperi can vouch • for
that one!) and would like to get all this behind me.  I did purchase • Compton's
Learning Electronics to use on my computer yesterday; I don't want to
be "electronically challenged".

This is kinda like deja vu all over again.  I thought somebody already did
this one.

I would build the 6 diode + 1 electrolytic capacitor power circuit common to
all the powered sensors on my pages.  Connect the power and ground pins of
the sensor.  Don't hook up  the voltage reference to anything.  Hook the
output of the sensor  thru a 1K just like the opamp is connected in my
general purpose analog interface.  Set the RCX to have LIGHT type input, and
wave something hot back and forth in front of the sensor and hope the value
changes.