 Robotics / 8316
Re: idea for firmware development
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 16:28:09 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Vlad Dumitrescu writes:
The only advantage I can see right now is if the pbForth implementation would
be smaller, and thus one would have more space for the applications... but
there may be others too!

Well, it’s difficult to guess the size right now. But I'm almost sure that
size of the extension itself (without kernel code) will be smaller. ;)
Depending on application, size of Forth code comparable with size of assembler
code. The whole pbForht image is only ~12k!
Beside the size, I think the real advantage of pbForth implementation would be
in extensibility.

Sergey