 Robotics / 8043
RE: building a maze
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 15:04:54 GMT

It would be great to learn more about your robot!

However, one of the things you mention in the document as limitations, namely
the incremental errors when a robot moves around, I consider to be just the
crux of the matter. Navigating a maze more or less virtually is one problem....
Handling all the things that can go wrong when the little (or not so little)
thingie bumps around in the maze - that is really something to look forward to!
For me it is, at least.

Yes, but it makes the whole problem MUCH harder. I prefer to solve the
simple problem first, then add things like location errors later :-)

I have a goal not to use anything but the basic RIS kit in the first phase -
but this means there will be some 'cheats' to replace the functionality of the
rotation sensors. And of course, the steering software will have to run on the
PC. But making the communication work is a challenge in itself...

My bot uses all standard RIS parts except for 2 micrmotors and 2 rot sensors.
You could get away with using touch sensors and measure the studs on the beams
like Mario and Marco's TicTacToe game...(no not the Nintendo version)

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbFORTH>
Reply to:      rhempel at bmts dot com