 Robotics / 7946
Re: 8450 Mission / Cybermaster expansion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 16:24:41 GMT

Ralph Hempel <rhempel@bmts.com> wrote:
OK, i guess we need to get terminology straight. The ROM is the masked • code
in the RCX/Scout/Cybermaster. It was "looked at" because I'm pretty sure
Kekoa wrote a little dump routine and loaded it into the RCX like
replacement firmware - in other words, he used the protocol that
loads the firmware into the RAM to load a dumper so that the ROM
could be reverse disassembled.

The firmware on the CD is loaded into the RCX using the same protocol, but
since it was in a nice Srecord format, disassembling it probably wasn't
too hard. Commenting it - that's a different story altogether.

Now, given that the opcodes are similar between the Cybermaster and the
RCX, I wonder if a little "dumper" could be loaded into the Cybermaster...

Hi Ralph and Laurentino,
forgive my jumping in, just to test my knolwedge of Cybermaster through last
months Laurentino's lessons :-) From what I understand about Cybermaster,
there's simply no way to download anything to Cybermaster, a part from the
byte code to be interpreted by the interpreter itself.

Mario
http://www.geocities.com/~marioferrari