 Robotics / 7953
Re: 8450 Mission / Cybermaster expansion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 17:01:49 GMT

Ralph Hempel skrev i meddelandet <000001bf27a7$d21b7620$0500000a@pro150>...

Kekoa wrote a little dump routine and loaded it into the RCX like
replacement firmware - in other words, he used the protocol that
loads the firmware into the RAM to load a dumper so that the ROM
could be reverse disassembled.

[...]
Now, given that the opcodes are similar between the Cybermaster and the
RCX, I wonder if a little "dumper" could be loaded into the Cybermaster...

I think this will be very difficult/impossible, as the CM does not download
the firmware - it's there all the time, in ROM, so you never download *machine
code* to it, only bytecodes.

Also, the CM memory is *very* small, with emphasis on *very* :-((

But, radio transmission is great, and a PC is not limited, so a rover with
'self-preservation' built in, and a PC program to control everything else is
quite doable.

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
Gallery:   http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/gallery.htm