 Robotics / 7906
Re: Palm Pilot to RCX remote controller
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 16:10:10 GMT

Hi Mike,
I have found that the range on the PalmIIIx to the RCX is quite useable.
In medium to low light levels the RCX will respond consistently up to 20
feet away.

When I started working on the Palm Remote program I had no idea you were
doing the same thing either, so I guess we are in the same boat there. I
do encourage you to continue working on yours though. Our two programs
will be quite different so I believe there will be room for both. Your
program provides a sophisticated remote programing tool. My program will
simply be a deaf remote controller with large buttons to tap. It will
not have sensor watching or any other communication from the RCX.

I believe some people will want a simple point and tap interface like
mine and others will want the great features that yours has. Please keep
working on it!

Robert Eddings