 Robotics / 8025
Re: Palm Pilot to RCX remote controller
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.palm
Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 22:50:38 GMT

-Cross posted to lugnet.robotics.palm
-Please respond to this post only in lugnet.robotis.palm

As others have stated, The Palm IR is IrDA compliant and the RCX IR is
not. But compliant doesn't mean fixed. The Palm OS SDK documentation
shows that the Palm's internal IR has two programming interfaces. One
set of functions is for IrDA and is easy to use. The other is for low
level IR output which is much harder.

Short answer; can be done but with difficulty. I am continuing to study
the issues because I think this would be an asset even with low range.

Robert Eddings