 Robotics / 7033
Re: 5VDC Voltage Regulation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 19:15:12 GMT

Bingo - thanks, I guess I read that a little too fast.

-Wes

dave madden wrote:

Michael Gasperi wrote:
=>>
=>> I would just put a 33Ohm 1/2W resistor in series with the relay coil.
                        ^^^^^

Wes Matchett <wes@augustschell.com> wrote:
=>...
=>This doesn't seem to work.  I am trying this first since it is the simplest
=>solution so far and I have a 330hm resistor at hand.
                                ^^^^^

I think you have a power-of-ten error.  Michael is referring to a 33
ohm resistor (orange-orange-black, IIRC), not a 330 ohm resistor
(orange-orange-brown).  With the larger resistor, you probably won't
get enough current to operate the relay.

d.