 Robotics / 6404
6403  |  6405
Subject:
8480 Space Shuttle (was Re: Gears & Mico Motor (Plus Wired Remote Control!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos
Date:
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 21:13:16 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Chris Phillips writes:
Oops.  I think I meant Toys-R-Us in Kingston, MA.  (I just saw Robert Munafo's
recent post about having been there last night, and I'm amazed that he had the
restraint not to buy every shuttle he could grab!) [...]

Well, actually I deliberately left the sets at the store and posted the message
in the hope that someone else could benefit from it. As far as I'm concerned, I
only need one of each set and I already have a shuttle. Sure it's a great
model, but as long as I have the instruction book I can always build it again.
At $130 it's not any cheaper on a per-part basis than most of the other Technic
sets, and I'll never want to build two shuttles at once so the unique elements
aren't all that important either. If I was really interested in white beams I
might consider it, but I don't care much about color either...

For those in the Boston area reading this, if you're interested you should read
these two messages:

  http://www.lugnet.com/robotics/?n=6327
  http://www.lugnet.com/robotics/?n=5611

and call the store before you go. They're on Route 3 near Plymouth MA.

- Robert Munafo                            http://www.mrob.com
  LEGO: TC+++(8480) SW++ #+ S-- LS++ Hsp M+ A@ LM++ YB64m IC13