 Robotics / 6324
RE: Gears & Mico Motor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 18:19:38 GMT

Yes, if you get your hands on one of the Space Shuttle sets, buy it! The
main motor drives four different functions through a gearbox that contains
at least 50 gear wheels of various types! The landing gear locking mechanism
by itself is pretty awesome, too. There's one manual lever that moves all
three landing gears.

You get tons of gears, axles (white ones too), a normal and a micro motor, a
fiber optic unit, two reversing switches, a battery box, and most important,
lots of ideas that you can copy into designs of your own.

I bought my set on clearance for $75 in a toy store in Germany. I was there
for vacation a few weeks ago. Now I have an 8880 Super Car is on its way
from DYA shopping in France ($130 with shipping,
http://www.dya-shopping.fr/), and the new Street Sensation car is on its way
from S@H. In the meantime, the RCX is collecting dust...

  This kit forces all other LEGO Technic kits to look pale by
comparison.  It
is just awesome - the Rube-Goldberg gearbox function changer is a
work of art
IMHO.