 Robotics / 6325
RE: Gears & Mico Motor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 18:36:03 GMT

Greetings,
Does anyone know of a place to get the 8880 from in the
US. I do not wish to buy one from auction (I'm not that desperate yet).
Any store locals or phone numbers would be appreciated.
<<...>>

-----Original Message-----
From: Tilman Sporkert [SMTP:tilman@activesw.com]
Sent: Friday, August 13, 1999 2:20 PM
To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com
Subject: RE: Gears & Mico Motor

Yes, if you get your hands on one of the Space Shuttle sets, buy it! The
main motor drives four different functions through a gearbox that
contains
at least 50 gear wheels of various types! The landing gear locking
mechanism
by itself is pretty awesome, too. There's one manual lever that moves
all
three landing gears.

You get tons of gears, axles (white ones too), a normal and a micro
motor, a
fiber optic unit, two reversing switches, a battery box, and most
important,
lots of ideas that you can copy into designs of your own.

I bought my set on clearance for $75 in a toy store in Germany. I was
there
for vacation a few weeks ago. Now I have an 8880 Super Car is on its way
from DYA shopping in France ($130 with shipping,
http://www.dya-shopping.fr/), and the new Street Sensation car is on its
way
from S@H. In the meantime, the RCX is collecting dust...

  This kit forces all other LEGO Technic kits to look pale by
comparison.  It
is just awesome - the Rube-Goldberg gearbox function changer is a
work of art
IMHO.