 Robotics / 6157
Re: Power steering for 8448
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 9 Aug 1999 12:00:29 GMT

Tilman Sporkert wrote:

You should be able to get away with just a single rotation sensor. When you
power up the RCX, you will not know the position of the steering. Now turn
it one way until the rotation stops. You are now at the end point, and know
the position of the steering. You might want to consider driving the
steering mechanism with a rubber band and pulleys so that the motor can slip
at the end position. The only drawback of this approach is that on power up
your wheels go through a cycle of rotating back and forth.

Good point! Well I'll have to change my model a bit then - the rotation sensor
should not go onto the motor axle, but onto the axle driving the rack (stilled
geared I guess).
Hmm, what can I use this touch sensor for now?? An extra bumper maybe.

Jacob