 Robotics / 6142
Re: Power steering for 8448
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 8 Aug 1999 23:32:18 GMT

Matthew Miller writes:
> Jacob Schultz <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote:
> >always measure the angle the car is driving, and control the steering so it does
> >not tear the car apart.
> >Right now I try to put in a touch sensor also, so the car can center its steering
> >itself.
>
> The unfortunate thing with this approach is that you've used up 2/3 of your
> inputs just for steering.

I was just thinking about this.  You can have two rotation sensors,
and two touch sensors.  Share the two touch sensors on one input.
Synchronize one motor, and rotate it off its touch sensor.  Then sync
the other motor.

--
-russ nelson <rn-sig@crynwr.com>  http://crynwr.com/~nelson
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | Government schools are so