 Robotics / 6153
Re: Mechanical question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 9 Aug 1999 12:21:38 GMT

This thread already offers a lot of interesting explanation about the thrack
slip, but on the wheels part you may want to have a look at:

http://homepages.svc.fcj.hvu.nl/brok/legomind/insights/
Select in menu: going in circles

Animations explain how side slip in wheels is (practically) zero as long as
their axle points to the center of rotation. This holds for 2, 4, 6 or n
wheels.

In your case, the vehicle should rotate the wheels a little when rotating on
the spot.

Eric Brok
--------
Visit LEGO ON MY MIND: