 Robotics / 6144
  Handy Board software

Over the past few months, I've been reading with great interest many of the exciting things people here have written about the Handy Board... (10 URLs) I'm really starting to think that one of these would be a great addition to my LEGO collection. (...) (25 years ago, 9-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Handy Board software

(...) They're both 8-bit microcontrollers with a roughly similar set of peripheral functions (timer, ACD, serial port, etc). But the similarity ends there. The programming model for the H8 is compltely different from the 68xx series. (...) I don't (...) (25 years ago, 9-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RE: Handy Board software

(...) They're both really decent 8bit micros. Similar IO capabilities, and I think the HC11 has better timers, but only 8 bit A/D. I've worked a LOT with the HC11 and it's really a good part. (...) Beleive it or not, there is a FORTH for the HC11 (...) (25 years ago, 9-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Handy Board software

Hello Todd - - Welcome to the world of the HandyBoard! I think that you'll find that the HB fits in well with your LEGOs and RCX. I like mine so well that I ordered my second HB & expansion board this past weekend. Now my RCXs won't have my HBs (...) (25 years ago, 16-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Handy Board software

take a look at Ray's Robotic Computer. i have a url somewhere. This dude makes a 68HC11 mini board in modules from his basement. Completely assembled and tested versions too. I found him through altavista a couple of times +breiler (...) (25 years ago, 2-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)