 Robotics / 6054
Re: mini powered vehicles (was Re: RCX battery cover)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 5 Aug 1999 22:21:34 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Dennis Clark writes:
In lugnet.robotics, lego-robotics@crynwr.com (S. Crawshaw) writes:
On Wed, 4 Aug 1999, alex wetmore wrote:
From: Robert Munafo <munafo@gcctechNO.SPAMcom>
I have half a mind to build a LEGO-compatible 9V battery holder • [...]
Lego already makes a compatible 9v battery holder.  [...]  I
wouldn't be surprised if it could be ordered through a service pack.
[...]
Lego S@H #5391 - small and cool, they use a 9V battery.

Thanks, everyone for generating the answers. I'm sorry for generating so many
replies. I searched all around in the online catalog (US version:
http://www.lego.com/catalog/amr/overview.asp) for quite a while before I gave
up and posted that message.

Anyway, now that I'm looking at the battery holder
(http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=5391) it seems clear that a smaller
one could be made, particularly if the 9V battery was "vertical" instead of
"horizontal". I might try making one sometime even though I'm also going to buy
the 5391 (-;

- Robert Munafo
  LEGO: TC+++(8480) SW++ #+ S-- LS++ Hsp M+ A@ LM++ YB64m IC13