 Robotics / 5981
5980  |  5982
Subject:
RCX infrared remote (was Re: RCX Accessories)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 2 Aug 1999 19:27:13 GMT

The remote is definitely more friendly. It allows you to control all three
motors simultaneously, e.g. A and C forwards and B backwards at the same time.
Also, if you control motors with the remote while an RCX program is running on
the RCX, only the motor(s) you're controlling override the RCX program's
control, and only while you're actually holding buttons down. It's very useful
for debugging and figuring out how to modify the behavior of your programs.

- Robert Munafo

In lugnet.robotics, Alex Wetmore writes:
[...] You press the view button until you get the motor, then press
the program or run button to run the motor forwards or in reverse.
I'm sure the remote is more friendly in this operation,[...]