 Robotics / 5919
Re: RCX accessories
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 30 Jul 1999 18:16:01 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, lego-robotics@crynwr.com (Tilman Sporkert) writes:
From what I hear, the IR remote device isn't all that
useful, so I doubt that I would bother with it.

The IR remote control is great for debugging and testing your contraption
before you get around to write the software for the RCX. I'm working on car
with steering for example, and the remote control is great for just playing
with it to see if the steering mechanism works. It also comes in handy if
you can't reach the buttons on the RCX easily.

  I have been soundly disputed.  I had not realized that the remote could be
used as a remote for the _entire_ front panel on the RCX.  I thought it would
just have the three motors and three GP buttons.  I stand so corrected.

DLC