 Robotics / 5916
Re: RCX Accessories
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 30 Jul 1999 17:08:05 GMT

At 03:44 PM 7/30/99 GMT, Dennis Clark wrote:
If you buy from LEGO Shop at Home, the shipping is included, so it • doesn't
matter how much you get.  From what I hear, the IR remote device isn't • all
that useful, so I doubt that I would bother with it.

    -I disagree.  It lets you do a lot of testing without firing up your
computer, via the "motor on" buttons.  It lets you send 1/2/3 messages,
which lets you use it as a literal remote control for your bot.  I also
find it useful because my current project requires the RCX to be buried
inside the model, where I can't reach the buttons.  So long as I have a
way of hitting the on/off button, I don't need the other ones if I have
the remote.

    -JW

Jonathan Woodward  woodward@guesswork.com  http://www.io.com/~woodward/
"If I were creating a world, I wouldn't mess about with butterflies and
    daffodils.  I would have started with lasers, 8 o'clock, day 1." -TB