 Robotics / 5915
Re: RCX accessories
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 30 Jul 1999 15:44:31 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, lego-robotics@crynwr.com (Marty) writes:
Hi,
I was thinking about sending away for some extra sensors and maybe
motors for my RCX and I was wondering what to get.  I'm willing to spend
up to $80 - $100 US.
I was thinking about two rotation sensors, and a extra motor and maybe
a remote.  Does anyone have any suggestions on the best things to get?
It just costs so much on postage I thought it would be worth getting
everything at once (and I have to get myself a credit card- damn).

  If you buy from LEGO Shop at Home, the shipping is included, so it doesn't
matter how much you get.  From what I hear, the IR remote device isn't all that
useful, so I doubt that I would bother with it.  The rotation sensors are cool,
and only about $17 each at S@H.  I would look close to home for an 8735 kit,
getting this via S@H is >$40, at a store it is $35 to $37, less on sale.  Me, I
get other Technic kits for more parts...  Also, I have heard that you can use
the fiberoptic thingee as a rotation sensor that is just as accurate as the
angle sensor thingee for doing rotation counts - it just can't tell you + or -
direction like the angle sensor can.

have fun,
DLC